Sunday, June 1, 2008
Visiting home
Recently Joe and I were trying to figure out what to do with ourselves this summer. He has 10 weeks off (I'm telling ya, teaching on a university is pretty good). So we were researching places to visit but had made no commitments when we got the call that his grandmother had passed away. She has been up and down for over a year so it was not a surprise but when is a family ever fully prepared to say good bye to a loved one. She passed peacefully and so we grateful for that and are headed home this week for the funeral. Since it is the end of the semester Joe was able to move up his finals and leave early. It is a good thing we had not made any set plans, for once we realized that we were headed home unexpectedly we decided we would stay for the summer. We look forward to being with family and seeing friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Joe and Elena - I am so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing, but I know that she is at peace. I will keep you in my prayers! And yippee that you are coming home for the summer! We can't wait to see you! Hopefully we can have some LEISURELY time together this trip! Lunch at Nordstrom, playing with the boys at the park, etc, etc!! Let me know your plans!
BTW - I'm so glad that you have started a blog! Love getting more snippets into your life! Take care and talk to you soon!
Tisha
I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. Have a safe trip home and we'll look forward to seeing you soon! Annette
I am sorry to hear of Joe's grandmother passing, but it sounds as though there is great peace surrounding this occasion.
On the other hand, I am thrilled that you guys will be here for an extended period of time! See you soon!
Post a Comment