Wednesday, June 18, 2008
There's something to be said for convenience
In Korea we walk everywhere and if needed take a bus or taxi. I like living where everything is convenient, the grocery store, Joe's job, church, friends, and all within 10 minutes of walking. I'm trying to bring my 'convenient' lifestyle here. We are staying at Joe's grandmother's house which is in a good location to walk to the grocery store (though a bit yuppie and higher priced, but no gas = better deal), I joined the YMCA 10 blocks away, which I could walk to but instead drive the 5 minutes. Ian is attending preschool part time and that is only 10 minutes driving. We're trying to stay in our "hood". In 12 days of driving I used less than one tank of gas! Being behind the wheel again is fine, being stuck in traffic, and paying $4 for a gallon of gas, yea..I don't mind living without those.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment