Sunday, June 15, 2008

Adjustments

Here we are in the US for the whole summer. Since we got here we had Grandmother's funeral and have been adjusting to the time change. Unfortunately it is taking us awhile to do so. All 4 of us have been taking LONG naps everyday, so I feel like I'm living half in the day and half at night. I'm just grateful we are staying longer than our usual whirlwind visits. But adjusting to time is not the only thing we are doing. Living in a second culture brings all kinds of adjustments, but coming back into our own culture also has adjustments and honestly I'm not sure how to write them out. Maybe after we've been here a little while longer and my mind is awake ALL day I'll jot some down. For now I am loving all the green landscape, the trees, and the ability to fully communicate without body language. It's good to be back.

No comments: