Friday, May 2, 2008

Update

Here is a quick update on our lives. This March Joe started his university job teaching freshman English and is enjoying the schedule and change of pace. He has 5 classes and appointments with students for extra conversation practice which add up to about 30-35 hours a week. The boys and I enjoy having Dad around more. He is also helping me with homeschooling. We are now settled into a school routine and Brett is taking to it well. He is in his second year of piano lessons and loves to play. He seems to find solace in music. Ian is also doing well with the little bit of school we do with him. His attention span is quite a bit shorter but he's only 3. Actually he turns 4 tomorrow!
I continue to teach a Bible study with my friends 13 year old daughter and participate in a mom's group. For awhile I tried to be a part of a homeschooling group in a neighboring city but there weren't many events or much participation.
Joe is still heading up the technology and sound at church and I still help in the nursery. Life is good!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the link to your site. i really miss you guys! things are going well here in KC. we had our first tornado warning last night and many houses took a beating from the 80+ mph wind.

i'll be sure to check your blog for updates. and i need to give you guys a call sometime so we can chat. i think of you guys a lot. hope you're doing well!

These Are the Days said...

I'm excited that you started this blog! I look forward to reading about your experiences and how life is going. Peace! Annette

Tim, Danielle, Natalie, Jeremiah and Caleb said...

awesome! how did you ever get our email! it really does not matter b/c we are stoked to hear from you. we are back in KC for a few more months, but then it's off to the asia-pac area as well. come check us out atour blog site:
http://tdwhetstone.blogspot.com
You can also follow some links to our Naz Web Page as well... where you can read about what we hope to be involved with in Asia.
peace to you guys.

Joe said...

Thanks for taking the time to write these events out. Good job with the blog! I love technology, (but not as much as you, you see) but you are a better communicator with it. Here's to more stories.

Jo Bunnie said...

Elena :) Soooo glad the boys are doing so good! Miss seeing your beautiful boys! Miss you lots and will keep reading your blog!x x x Take Care x Jo x

Elena said...

So good to hear back from others. Keep writing your comments and in the future I will be more prompt in resposes :)