Monday, May 5, 2008
Brett's accomplishment
This weekend our church participated in a local marathon event. You can choose to do a 5K, 10K or half mile race. There we a few people doing the half mile but most of our group were running or walking the 5K. Last year I ran the race but I have not been doing much running lately so Joe and I decided we would just walk it together. The boys did not go last year so Brett especially wanted to participate. We told them 5K was a lot of walking but they wanted to go instead of sit in the shade with a friend. Because Brett and Ian were walking the other children also wanted to join. When we started Brett kept saying, let's run, let's run! So Joe and our friend Josh took off jogging with the kids. After a few minutes one of the little girls got tired so I walked with her while the boys went ahead. Eventually she and I turned back about 15 minutes into it, Josh, Emma, Joe and Ian got half way and Brett went on with another friend Bruce to finish the whole 5K! Those who finish receive a metal. Brett's proudly sporting the metal around his neck everyday. It's a good thing I had a metal from last year so Ian has one to wear too. I am proud of both of them for participating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great blog Elena. This will be a great way for your friends and family to stay in touch.
Question: When the boys are sporting their medals, are they also cruising the house in whitey-tighteys?
Elana, that's so cool! Brett can be proud of that accomplishment for a long time. Maybe he will want to continue setting goals for fitness in his life after that race!
Post a Comment