Yesterday the boys changed their Tae kwon do belts from yellow to green. As far as I understand, to move to the next belt they need to turn in the cards that they receive for participation and knowing most of the current moves. They were so proud and excited. Brett wanted to make sure Joe and I were both there to see them receive there new belts. I have never seen another parent there, the children either get picked up by the bus/teacher or walk themselves. The other children love to talk to us when we are there. They are trying to speak to us in English and I'm trying to speak to them in Korean! They boys thoroughly enjoy going to class. Ian asks every weekend when they don't have class why they can't go. The classes not only involve the Tae kwon do moves but also running, stretching, jumping rope, tumbeling, and respect/etiquette.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Two proud boys
Yesterday the boys changed their Tae kwon do belts from yellow to green. As far as I understand, to move to the next belt they need to turn in the cards that they receive for participation and knowing most of the current moves. They were so proud and excited. Brett wanted to make sure Joe and I were both there to see them receive there new belts. I have never seen another parent there, the children either get picked up by the bus/teacher or walk themselves. The other children love to talk to us when we are there. They are trying to speak to us in English and I'm trying to speak to them in Korean! They boys thoroughly enjoy going to class. Ian asks every weekend when they don't have class why they can't go. The classes not only involve the Tae kwon do moves but also running, stretching, jumping rope, tumbeling, and respect/etiquette.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment