It has been a busy couple of weeks for us since the boys and I returned. Two days after we arrived back we moved to a new apartment. Moving seems to be the best cure for jet lag because I spent all my time cleaning, sorting and organizing our new place that I just pushed past the exhaustion. I wanted to get it done.
Our new place is great! It is probably 800sq feet and has a 3rd bedroom as compared to our previous 2 bedroom 500 sq ft. When we first arrived back to our old apt I was shocked by how small it felt. I shouldn't have been so surprise since we lived in grandmothers 4,000sq feet house all summer. I am really grateful to have moved to a bigger place. We had asked the university to make the key deposit for us (around $20,000 US dollars) and we offered to pay our rent of $500 and utilities (at our other apt we didn't pay anything). We were pleased and surprised to find out that we are only going to need to pay our utilities. I have been thanking God for answering my prayers! We are in a different neighborhood but still close to places we know. We are now behind the university, about 10 minutes walking for Joe to his office. One of my friends live in our building and has been very helpful.
Now that we have settled in we started our new school routine. I'm tired already! I remember my friends from college and how in their first year of teaching they all seemed incredibly tired. I now understand how they felt. And I only have two children to focus on! I am hoping that setting a new routine and standard will pay off in the end and get easier once the boys get the hang of it. Until then, I am going to bed early.
We sure enjoyed our extended vacation in the US and spending time with so many people. But it's also good to be back in Korea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! Great news! 800 sq feet - whew - I bet the activeness of two boys fills that space fast!
Post a Comment