Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A New Favorite


My favorite season has always been the fall. I love the change of colors and the briskness of the air. But since living in Korea I think my mind has chosen a new favorite. My feelings of anticipation are so great here in Korea while awaiting spring. Maybe it's because it's so brown and dull in the winter with everything dead and all I can see are concrete buildings. Or because it was the first season we experienced when arriving here 3 years ago and I was living in a honeymoon of cultural bliss so in my mind every spring is wonderful. It is just beautiful seeing all the flowers all over the campus and on the streets.

Today is one those days I have been wishing for all winter. A balmy 65 and perfect for throwing open the windows. It was so inspiring Joe and I did most of our spring cleaning! I love the feeling of putting away the snow boots and heavy jackets, of cleaning out all the spaces that were left to gather dust throughout the winter. Ah, a breath of fresh spring air throughout the house can do a soul good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dolly,

Glad to hear you newest thoughts on
spring there in Korea. I like the
spring too, but knowing it leads
to the blistering heat of summer
here in Arizona kind of takes the
joy out of it. Keeps the comments
coming. I love to read whats going
on there. Miss you guys!
Mom

Tim, Danielle, Natalie, Jeremiah and Caleb said...

Good to hear that you have been enjoying "seasons". . . It's what we miss the most living in Singapore (well maybe not the most, but...)
Speaking of living in Singapore- we're going to have to find a way to get together on this side of the planet! Send me an "email"... or if your on Facebook, find me so we can swap more contact info... and see what we can do! Our doors are always open!

These Are the Days said...

Hope you are all doing well - thanks for your blog that helps us keep in touch! Have a great day! Annette