
Tae kwon do is a big deal in Korea. There are studios in every apartment complex and it seems that all children participate in it at some point. We have been toying with the idea of Brett taking it for awhile and finally decided to start he and Ian in lessons. They will be going 3x a week. Most places do not start students until they are 5 but this place starts at 4yrs and it is directly outside our apartment. Today was our first class. There are about 7 other kids ranging from 4-8 years old. The teacher speaks a little English and between his broken English and the boys limited Korean they were able to understand. Of course all they really need to do it follow along with what everyone else is doing. I thought this would be a great way for them to be hearing and hopefully learning some Korean, meeting other kids from our apartment/neighborhood and getting some energy out. I stayed to watch and just today we learned the words for master(teacher), right and left, hand, foot and go. The kids did stretching, running races, jumping rope, and tae kwon do poses. Ian was disappointed at the end of the hour when it was done. They look so cute in their uniforms, don't you think?

6 comments:
Fun, fun, fun... I am a follower now, so watch out, you might see more "comments"!
Sound like your all doing well. We leave Jan 13 for SG.
Have a good one.
you are Korean at last! haha! the boys do look awesome in their gees (i have no idea how to Konglish it...). i hope they enjoy it. and don't forget, Chris is well versed in the martial arts, so if they reach an impasse, perhaps he can help. i hope to see and hear more on this subject!
peace,
eric
What a great way to burn off some energy! They look so cute (can I say that about boys? :) in their gear!
I'm sure they will love this, but with three taekwondo experts coming up, gettin time might become a lot more dangerous!
Whetstones, great to hear from you all!
Thanks eric for reminding me about chris. We might need some extra help with learning the poses, they go a little fast in class. Brett and Ian are trying hard though!
Watch out Josh and Joe, the midgets might start winning in gettin time
Thanks for the email with the link to your blog! I use blogger, too, so I signed up to follow your blog so that I can keep up with what's happening in your world. Sure looks like you guys are doing well! I'm praying for you!
Post a Comment